Saturday, September 19, 2015

Loving the Little Things

Dear Reader,

         I know its been a little while since I've written a blog post. I've been hard at work on my novel (the goal is to be done with chapter 20 by the end of next week but we'll see how that goes). Tate and I are all settled in the new village though. Grandmother Willow left for the Czech Republic today and we are watching her rabbits while she'd gone. But we are planning a few fun trips.
         Today we went in town to find out how much train tickets to Ukraine would cost. Flying was cheaper so we bought our tickets online today and I am very excited to be going to Ukraine with someone who has lived there for a year and a half. I'm really excited to see the culture and Tate had been talking up the food so I'm looking forward to that as well. I'm sure if it tastes anything like Russian food I'll love it.
         While we were in town we decided to do some exploring on some of the back roads in Paderborn. Tate found this beautiful area that looks like Neverland earlier this week. I'm so glad she showed it to me so we could climb some trees, play discover shiny objects in the water, and take some fun pictures.
Neverland Tree
I thought she was going to fall in but she did well
The treasures we found included a rusted battery and a rusted bottle cap.
Disposed of the battery. Kept the bottle cap.
         We also found the mascot for the totally awesome club we are starting. We're called the Sozial Unbeholfen Pinguine Club, because only socially awkward penguins are allowed to join it. 
His name is Phil and we just named him
in less time then it took me to write this sentence
         After we finished our exploring and had eaten some yummy waffles that we've been dying to try, we walked back down the walking street to get on the bus. There's a new store coming to Paderborn, Germany and we really enjoyed their advertisement. 
Yep, the name of the store is CHRIST. 
         Right after we took this picture we bumped into the Elders at the bus stop. They were super friendly and they are both from the US so I got to talk to them which was nice. Though I'll probably never get sick of talking to Tate and our Bulgarian friend from church, being able to have a full conversation with someone else in English was surprisingly nice. The Elders and I rode the same bus out of town and I got to have a nice conversation with them both. And I continue to be grateful for all they have done for us since we've been here (they are the big brothers in Hansella and Gretel by the way). I do have to say though that my German is improving ever so slightly (and very slowly), but I can now have these partially German and part English conversations with people. And when I can't, Tate continues to be an excellent translator. I am growing to become very grateful of all the little beautiful things that make this place so great. I love you all and hope you are doing well. Watch out for the little things. They will always find a way to make you smile.

     Love Always,
          The Wanderess

P.S. Someone please update me on how my primary kids are because I've been missing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment