Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Amateurs at Everything

Dear Reader,
         
          Life is full of times when we feel inadequate, where we knock ourselves down for not being perfect at things. But when we were children we didn't see those things. All we saw in ourselves was our own potential to be anything that we could possibly want to be. Sometimes doing things that used to be fun as a child can remind you of what you need more of in your adult life. That means letting go of the fear of not being the best at something and letting yourself just be an amateur.

We climbed to the top of the jungle gym
          Tate and I have decided to become amateurs at everything that we aren't yet experts in. So far we have become amateur biologists, amateur hairstylists, amateur detectives, amateur spies, amateur architects and amateur life coaches. 
I spy with my little eye...
          We have been discovering and naming the wild life around the village. We have been investigating old buildings and spying on odd people. We have been giving romantic advise to people across seas and trying to diagnose the people living near us so that we can advise them as well. Today we even built a castle with a mote around it too work on our architecture skills.
Isn't it awesome?
          I am proud to be an amateur at everything, because I see greatness in trying lots of things. I see potential in myself to become who ever I want to be. Right now is a time of our young lives where we are trying to learn what we want to be and where we want to fit into this world. I realized today that if you become an amateur at everything you will eventually find the things you want to be an expert at. Right now I want to be a Wippe riding expert (Wippe is the German word for teeter-totter). That might change by tomorrow, but that's okay because for now I am an amateur at everything.  
         
     Love Always,
           The Wanderess

No comments:

Post a Comment